Sunday 15 April 2012

Jackie's Heart

I have just completed myheart block for Jackie,  decided it had to have a New Zealand influence so I hope you like it Jackie.  I really enjoyed doing it over the weekend in between oiling the outside furniture ready for summer.  Not that summer is fast coming at the moment.


Over the Easter break we had an insightful five days in Krakow Poland, it was a real walk into history for us all while we visited the Jewish quarter of  Krawkow, the salt mines and Auschwitz, truely amazing and very heart wrenching. 
When we got back home I also finished sewing the top of a cot quilt for my neighbour.  Now I am going to machine quilt it, something I have never done before so if you have any tips please pass them on.

I hope you all had a great Easter break and I look foward to what will  turn up in the post for May.
Take care
Catherine



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the Koru effect of your heart Catherine. What a fabulous idea!

    Jason is going to Krakow in the Sept/Oct holidays. It is a school history trip and which covers the Cold War and World War II. I think they only have a couple of days in Krakow as they are also going to Russia, Germany, Austria and the Czech Republic. I think it is good for the young ones to learn about these things and to see for themselves what has happened in the world and what has shaped the world as it is today, may also make them more lenient towards other races and ethnicities.

    Hope you had fun with the machine quilting Catherine, I have only done it once under Joanne's watchful eye, so it turned out good. Haven't plucked up the courage to do it on my own yet!

    Am off to a course this morning on How to be a Natural Presenter as I am not so keen on standing up in front of people and giving lectures, which I have to do as part of my job now =( which let you know how it goes...

    Susan

    ReplyDelete