Monday 30 April 2012

Jackie in NZ update

Hi all, Susan and I collected Jackie from the Auckland airport last Tuesday. We had a couple of days eating sightseeing and visiting quilt shops in the area. Have some photos on Jackie's camera but her memory stick does not fit my laptop. She will upload them when she is home.
Thursday Jackie and I wandered our way down to Havelock North via some more sights and shops!
We have done some sewing since being here. Jackie has just finished putting together a Disappearing Nine Patch - or is that disappearing Mum!

I have made some slippers - peeking out in a photo below.
And I've just finished my heart for Jackie. I've not done any beading before but really enjoyed it. Much faster than I thought it would be.



We will catch up with Lucy and then sadly Jackie has to go home on Friday. Margaret, no I won't get to the Birmingham this year, maybe next!
Well better go and attend to the NZ Lamb roast for dinner. J.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you and Jackie are having a great time. I love all the photos added and especially love your heart block with the beading. As for the slippers I need a new pair as mine have a hole in them, do share how you made them. I thought by now the sun would be shining more here and I wouldn't need slippers but winter still has a grip on us with the odd summer day thrown in, just to give us hope.
    Enjoy the rest of Jackies time with you.
    Hi Jackie it sounds like you are having a great time, enjoy.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the beading on that block. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete