Saturday 16 June 2012

Jennie's first block

Visted Jennie this morning with my completed block.  Really enjoyed making this block for Jennie, even though I was the one that mucked up my first piece of fabric!!!  Jennie put the two blocks together. It was lovely to be able to see one of the quilting bee quilts in person as you got a real feel for the colour tones and how it might look once they are all sewn together.
I hope everybody is perhaps enjoying some warmer weather than us at the moment, middle of June and it is more like winter.  I do wish the sun would come back.  Some would say the perfect time to be getting on with lots of sewing, but I have no idea where today has disappered to!

1 comment:

  1. I was delighted with Wendy's block, and really exciting to imagine how the finished article will look. My basic block is done. But I have to do the stitching on it. Mine and Wendy's are quite different, which is what makes it even more interesting. Detailed discussions as to the best colour for the sashing! I did my baking Wendy, lemon meringue, choc cupcakes and a virtuous Slimming World meatballs and spicy tomato sauce. The things we have to do when we have no sunshine! Have a good weekend everyone.

    ReplyDelete