Monday 12 August 2013

NZ Biannual Quilt Symposium

Hi there from down under. Catherine and I met up for the day at the recent biannual NZ Quilt Symposium. For the first time I entered a quilt into the judged exhibition. I got the shock of my life when I won the Amateur Traditional section. Here's a photo of my quilt.



It took me 5 years to hand piece and hand quilt it. It was fun making the blocks as every one is like a new quilt with different fabrics and I could stitch them on planes trains and in the car. Putting it all together was a long slow job.  I over achieved on the number of blocks I needed so have just finished the top of another the same and about 2/3 the size!

I haven't decided on my next hand pieced project yet - they are great to have when travelling. Joanne.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Joanne! The blue ribbon is so very well deserved. And I remember when you started this quilt ;)! Can't wait to see what's your next hand piecing project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Joanne, you must be over the moon. All your hard work has been rewarded. Well done. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete