Friday 25 May 2012

It's the weekend!!!

Hi all

The one thing I love about working full time is the appreciation you get on a Friday at 5pm when you know you have two whole days to do what you like, go to bed when you like and get up when you like!  Last night I had some friends for dinner. I was going to make it a French night but, as a friend who is staying for a month on her move back from Ningbo, China to Canberra, Australia, arrived mid-week my plans for making a French Chocolate Tart after work on Wednesday (the pastry and case) and on Thursday (the filling) went out of the window due to a couple of glasses of wine and chatting non-stop catching up on her last year of being away, it didn't happen.  So, what to make that is quick and easy?? I settled on Affrogato's. So with that in mind I decided to make it an Italian night. Ann was a star and made/prepared a good deal of the meal during the day so by the time I got home there was little to do. All in all it was a very nice evening and makes me think I should entertain more often.

This morning it is beautiful outside, blue sky, sunshine but a nice crisp air, as we are in autumn/winter. I am going to sit on the balcony for a bit with my book and a coffee but then I am going to tackle Jenny's block as I want to mail it to her on Monday.  I have also finished three UFOs recently, so have three more quilts to put on my ladder. Now, I just have my Round the World Quilting Bee quilt to finish which I will work on this weekend then I can start my guest room quilt and the one for my room with the fabrics that Jackie and Joanne helped me pick out.

Jackie, I was telling Ann about your heart quilt, have you assembled the top yet? I am dying to see it all put together.

Have  a lovely weekend all of you.

Susan x

No comments:

Post a Comment