Sunday 30 December 2012

A day in Cornwall making Catherine's block

Susan and I had an excellent day on Friday 28th December making the last set of blocks for Catherine.  Unfortunately Jennie and Karen were not able to join us, although they were very missed we still  had a fun day.  My friend Mary came over and joined us for lunch and an afternoon of quilting.
This was about half way through getting the blocks to 18 inches!
And here are the finished blocks. ( Karen completed her's the day before with Susan.)  Catherine, here is a close up of my block.  This quilt is going to look amazing in your beach house.  The sunny beach fabric certainly brightened up a very cold, wet and damp December day in Bodmin, Cornwall.  Good choice for a December block Catherine!!!
 
 
 
This is Mary with her quilt.  Mary and I went on a workshop to make a quilt using a jelly roll about 4 years ago.  Like all good quilters, just getting around to finishing another UFO.  The colours in this quilt are amazing.
 


4 comments:

  1. I also like Catherine's blocks. I haven't made mine yet; too busy with family. It feels like I'm constantly in the kitchen cooking. Well, soon things go back to normal and I'll get them done then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone, looks like you had a great productive day, I am just sorry I wasn't able to join you and meet Susan, but at least I finally managed a belated Christmas with my sons. Wendy your blocks for Vreni and Catherine look great. See you soon Wendy, and Happy New Year to everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great time sewing, looking forward to a catch up when you get back to NZ Susan.
    The blocks look fantastic, I have decided it will be a quilt for our bed at the beach when I get it all together.
    Safe travels.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Catherine. I hope to get your block done this weekend. Wendy handed over the fabric on Monday as I wasn't able to meet up with em over Christmas, so apologies for any delay.
    Best wishes
    Jennie

    ReplyDelete